Anxiety Releasing Visualization Meditation For Deep Sleep
I give my body permission to release all stress and anxiety
I did not know what anxiety felt like until my mother died. I would take mental ruminations and mind chatter over that suffocating feeling you have in your chest, the feeling of ants crawling under your skin, or just that general jumpiness and restlessness that will not allow you to wind down.
Why is it 1:00 am and you still feel revved up? For those nights when you just cannot Wind down spend 15 – 30 minutes on this energy-releasing visualization meditation to ground yourself and release any excess energy from your body.
- Lying down, imagine roots growing out from all the parts of your body connected to the bed connecting you deep to the center of the earth
- Bring awareness to your body and do a full body scan to notice where there is tension, agitation, fear, or anxiety in your body
- As you breathe slowly and deeply through your nose, imagine that you are collecting all of this energy from your toes, your feet, calves, shins, knees, thighs, and hips into a big red ball in your solar plexus (belly button area)
- As you continue breathing, now start gathering the energy from your fingers, wrists, arms, elbows, shoulders, and chest and sending them to join the ball of red energy in your belly creating an even bigger ball. Your upper body feels relaxed
- Keep breathing and pull the energy down from your head and neck, and add it to the ball of red energy that completely fills your stomach area. Feel the stillness in your upper body and head. that now fills your stomach area. Feel calm in your upper body and head.
- This ball of red energy now contains everything—all your worries, stress, anxiety, fears, and any other energy not needed at the moment
- Gently breathe in and out. With each exhale, you imagine all the energy draining from a root at your back that connects down all the way to the center of the earth. With each inhale, imagine inhaling a soft pink energy that completely feels your body and relaxes every part of your body it touches.
- Continue inhaling and exhaling until you feel completely relaxed. Allow your body to soften and mold into the bed